What do you think of the new front page layout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the new layout on the front page?

• I like it. Its much faster.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It does not look any different.

• I dont like it.

• I dont care what it looks like

• Total voters
Seems a little crowded. What screen size is this to be run at I am using 800x600 and it is a little bigger then my screen. Some areas are a little faster then others but pretty quick still. Over all I do like it.

Yes I am aware of the slight oversize from 800X600. That is due to how I placed the photo. Next months photo will probably have to go back where it was in past months and that will aleavate the slight scroll on 800X600.

Nice work fishfreek !

To be honest, I'm a "newbie" here, so I wasn't fully accustomed to the old look and I hadn't grown attached to it.

However, it is refreshing to see it "evolve"... I have been to too many sites that sit stagnant and never change.

Keep up the good work. :D

michealprater said:
ever think about changing the colors? like monthly or quarterly or something.

I wish it was as easy as it sounds.

The biggest thing keeping me from changing up colors and such is that we would have to modify the html template files for each appearance change. This site is made up of at least 20+ modifications from the stock message forum. Those modifictions would need to be installed for each and every time we change the look.

With the other advice sites comming online I have gotten good at making these changes but it still seems to take me about 4+ hours from start to finish.

With that said I can tell ya doing it mointhly definatly wont be something I wana do. Quarterly? maybe. Twice a year? Probably.

i no a considerable amount of html, and just making that scroll bar right there ------->>>> takes some work (copy and paste) but you have to get the right hexcodes and whatnote, much less every box and button matching. There is a TON of hours of work in this site. Very appreciated

Dont wana give away all my secrets but there is a think called a cascading style sheet. Makes color coding so much easier.

crash, I made you a little pillow of air and you fell through it. o well this site still is really cool

Back
Top Bottom