What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have already asked this in my "journal" thread, but I'll post in here as well to get some second opinions. What do you guys think of my current scape? This is after planting/water change so it's a little blurry.

img_1224464_0_3ee5a38a67ff842576a5999dc33e1c3d.jpg

I love when people get dark wood when they have light gravel. The contrast is really nice. Do you have a more zoomed out picture? A FTS? I would add some broad-leaf plants to differentiate from all of the grass-like plants you have in there now. There are a lot of skinny little leaves, so something different would be nice, too.

Very nice. Love the driftwood. That sand is gorgeous....I hope the sand I bought is that pretty when I finally get it in the tank. :)

That is a FTS, but I don't have a zoomed out one. I am not at my apartment until Sunday so it'll take a bit.

You know, I didn't even realize how many grass-like plants I had. They are my favorite kind and I just kept buying them. Only broad-leaf I have is the Java Fern in the center.

Yeah, I really like grass-like plants too, lol. Just a small suggestion for a bit of variation. Overall it's very nice, though. Again, great choice with the driftwood/sand.

Thank you, Amanda. I appreciate your advice...could you recommend any broad-leafs?

this shows alot of experience with contrasting colors.. and the black background really adds depth.. loving it..

Nice scape dude. I'm a saltwater guy, but your scape is definitely nice. I love the minimalistic look to it. It's definitely going to look awesome once it grows out. Nice work.

That is a FTS, but I don't have a zoomed out one. I am not at my apartment until Sunday so it'll take a bit.

You know, I didn't even realize how many grass-like plants I had. They are my favorite kind and I just kept buying them. Only broad-leaf I have is the Java Fern in the center.

Looks really nice! If you want to add something else, maybe pick up a Crypt for the far right hand side? Something like Crypt crispatula or maybe Crypt Retrospiralis would give you another plant with a grass-like feel but with a little bit more texture and color like the java fern gives you.

I've already got three Crypts. I am going to wait for one to grow a bit more and then split it to put over there. Good suggestion!

I love your Cryptocoryne lucens...they inspired me to put one in my 37 gallon recently. I have a couple Crypt Crispatula in that tank as well and really enjoy the look of them, which is why I thought I'd suggest the plant to you. It would give you something with some height to go with your Vals.

Sure! I think it would fit in with the plants you already have well. It would add a little bit more texture to the tank without changing the overall feel that you have going. It's just a suggestion though. I do like what you've done so far!

Stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the centered look, something that is unique. The contrast between the wood and the substrate is beautiful, and the consistency in the color and shape of your plants adds a continuity to your design. Flowing, simple, clean.

I'm not an aquascaper, just have a deep appreciation for art.

Great job.

Back
Top Bottom