What first sparked your interest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm just curious what got everybody into this addiction. Mine started the first time I went to the shed aquarium in Chicago. Seeing all the different colors and personalities, I was mesmerized. That was when I was about 11 and a year later started with my first aquarium. It was a 55 gal that housed 3 red belly piranha that eventually moved into a 125. I raised them from the size of a quarter and when the last guy passed he was pushing 12 inches. Now I keep African cichlids in that tank and have a 72 gal planted community. My addiction is spiraling out of control now, as I've got a 65 waiting to be set up as brackish and I've got my eye on a 110 tall I'd like to have discus in. So that's how my addiction started, I'd love to read everybody else's story.

My dad had a 75 gallon amazon biotope tank when I was really little and I always loved watching the fish and helping him clean it. Then I got a betta, and when it died I was rally sad and my aunt who was visiting at the time felt bad for me and took me to get "a new fish." We came home with a 10 gallon tank... My mother wasn't happy, but she couldn't tell her favorite sister-in-law no. And the obsession just spread from there.

Back
Top Bottom