What fishes would be bestto start a freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reyjgd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys im new to the forum I got the app dunno how to post from there .... Anyways my question for u Guys is what would be the best fishes to start a freshwater tank... I got a 75g and im running on sand ... Got 2 120+g filter canisters and I got no idea what to start With I currently have a 75g saltwater running so I got no idea when it comes to fresh im looking into a fast breeding fish ... Cichlids would b my last option ... I'm open for suggestions and thank you for ur time

Fast breeding fish? Livebearers are it. You don't even need to do anything and they start to breed.

eduguy said:
Fast breeding fish? Livebearers are it. You don't even need to do anything and they start to breed.

+1 livebearers!

There are mollys and platys and guppies and swordtails and endlers! They come in every color and pattern shape and size, just pick what you like with 1 male for every 3 females and add some thick plant such as hornwort or christmas/java moss for the fry to hide in and let them at it!

Sound a good any bottom feeders or.snails ?

They do fine with corys and ottos, but they will all gobble up fry when given a chance.

Alright thx for the help will def post up a picture once everything set

Back
Top Bottom