What if....? Converting tank to African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see one HUGE flaw with your tank!...............It's not in my house >.<

Sake said:
I see one HUGE flaw with your tank!...............It's not in my house >.<

:D

Andrew McFadden said:
Have you picked out the fish yet?

What kinds? Not really. I was kind of thinking of getting peacocks from the mixed tank at my LFS. They don't have any in labeled tanks :/ Is that bad?

Oh and I was thinking maybe a couple of catfish (syno?)

Last edited:
Mumma.of.two said:
:D

What kinds? Not really. I was kind of thinking of getting peacocks from the mixed tank at my LFS. They don't have any in labeled tanks :/ Is that bad?

The only problem I see with it is you don't know what they will look like when they get bigger and their size but it could be a good thing too

Lol now that we are in the smart phone age you can just snap a pic post it here and get your answers on what kind of fish it is while browsing at your LFS! Gotta <3 technology!

Andrew McFadden said:
The only problem I see with it is you don't know what they will look like when they get bigger and their size but it could be a good thing too

They are quite large already with colors. About 3 inches from what I saw. I haven't seen any smaller that that in the 3 LFS I've visited in the last few days.

Last edited:
Sake said:
Lol now that we are in the smart phone age you can just snap a pic post it here and get your answers on what kind of fish it is while browsing at your LFS! Gotta <3 technology!

I know it's great! I'm always googling things while at my LFS. :)

Ok, I think I've made up my mind. I'm having 1 male yellow lab and 2-3 females. Then the rest are going to be peacocks. 3-4 males of different kinds and 2-3 females for each. I will probably need to special order from my LFS.
Now has anyone got any suggestions? I know I'm being painful lol.

Mumma.of.two said:
Ok, I think I've made up my mind. I'm having 1 male yellow lab and 2-3 females. Then the rest are going to be peacocks. 3-4 males of different kinds and 2-3 females for each. I will probably need to special order from my LFS.
Now has anyone got any suggestions? I know I'm being painful lol.

What I would do is see if your lfs can print you out a list of what they can get and then look up profiles to decide

Andrew McFadden said:
What I would do is see if your lfs can print you out a list of what they can get and then look up profiles to decide

Now why didn't I think of that? I swear I'm never drinking again. I'm too fuzzy today! Thanks!

My husband treated me to some fish yesterday. :) I got 4 male peacocks. They are already about 3 inches long each. Pictures in this thread. I'm in love <3
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/70g-270l-malawi-tank-201791.html
I don't know why I was worried about my rts being bullied. He's now doing all the bullying! He's claimed all the rock work to himself and isn't letting anyone but the bristlenoses in.

Looks like I'm doing all male peacocks now. :) It shouldn't matter if I get males that are the same now right?

how they all doing in there? added any more lately? and where are all the pics? wait i know well going to take a guess to busy with a saw in one hand an angle grinder in the other and a hammer by your foot LOL

Andrew McFadden said:
how they all doing in there? added any more lately? and where are all the pics? wait i know well going to take a guess to busy with a saw in one hand an angle grinder in the other and a hammer by your foot LOL

Omg! Your a mind reader. lol! I literally just got back from my favorite LFS with 3 yellow labs and an albino pseudotropheus pindani (beautiful!). No pics yet. They are quite young (as far as i know) about 1.5-2 inches long. They are in the tank, lights off, rocks moved and a towel to block the light from the windows. I hope I made a good choice!

Nice ill be on a look out for pics
I think they will be ok in there peacocks are normally pretty peaceful Imo and labs probably wont mess with them adleast they don't in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom