What is going on????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
You could try salt baths or dose the tank with antibiotics (could cause cycle crash).

Thats why I suggested the baths in buckets. That way if this doesn't work and all his fish die he could try fish from a different store.

Daxhua said:
Thats why I suggested the baths in buckets. That way if this doesn't work and all his fish die he could try fish from a different store.

It depends what's killing them too. If its something nasty it would be in the whole tank potentially infecting new fish. :/

I agree with you 100% but one shouldn't just start adding a bunch medications to a tank that can potentially destroy his plants and bacteria without knowing what it is that we are dealing with. If I remember correctly I think he has fertilized substrate, if he uses meds and it stays in the substrate then he may have to replace it. Fertilized substrate isn't cheap.

Daxhua said:
I agree with you 100% but one shouldn't just start adding a bunch medications to a tank that can potentially destroy his plants and bacteria without knowing what it is that we are dealing with. If I remember correctly I think he has fertilized substrate, if he uses meds and it stays in the substrate then he may have to replace it. Fertilized substrate isn't cheap.

I agree with you on that. That's why I haven't suggested anything because we simply don't know what's killing the fish. Might be to the stage where all the fish need to be move to QT to treat and the tank left empty. He could dose pure ammonia and keep it cycled. Large storage tubs work well. I've used them many times as QT.

Man this is turning into a lot of work with frustration. I really feel for you bags101. I still don't believe there's anything in your tank if there was something that seriously nasty I would think you would see some physical sign of infection. I can understand the first few fish that died but what about the rest? Surely you would have seen something by now.

Monkey Magic said:
Dint know if its been said or not but dosing salts even small Amounts will kill your plants. Sorry to hear about you fish

Depends what plants, how much salt and how long they are exposed. Salt doesn't always equal instant death to plants.

Well yesterday I checked the Parameters and all were good I did an 80% water change and put in a Tiger Barb. I dosed the tank with prime. All the shrimp and the snails are doing fine. The Tiger Barb looks healthy so I am not sure what it is. If the Tiger Barb survives maybe the salt killed whatever it was???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom