What is happening?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
What happened to my fox?!? Are these scratches from rocks, a differant fish, or is it just dirt?!?!

That's what my nasos scratches looked like from my lobster..... Except there was skin missing. Is it covered by skin or are some places pierced? Could just be stress marking from the temp.

Is the coloration on the scales or in the scales ? What are your ammonia levels at.

I can tell if its pierced or not, but it JUST happened and i dont know why!! Temp isnt high anymore! :( ill test ammonia.

It could be ammonia burns but it dosent look like it . Has he been flashing ? That could explain the scratches. If so you might want to treat the water with rally.

What do you mean flashing?? I think it could either be my mean engineer goby (but i never see them fight or anything) or he lovesss to get sucke to the filter intake... Could that be scratching him??

Flashing is when your fish will rub its body on a rock due to irritation from something. If its doing that then you might want to consider he may have a parasite. Any new changes ? Adding a new fish , rock or coral. I'm currently having this flashing problem with my coral beauty angel.

Nope its not flashing at all.... No new additions. I think its that he keeps Laying on the filter.... :/ man

I'm in the same boat as you. Lol try moving some live rock near the filter and keep a eye on him. Lastly check your ammonia and try to see if anyone is picking on him. What type of live stock do you have.?

I have
10" engineer goby (kinda agressive)
Flame hawk fish
One spot foxface
Black clown
Occy clown
Chalk bass
Marine betta (100% non agressive)

Goby beats up on betta sometimes, black clown is mean to my small occy clown, foxface beats himself up, and goby also likes to chase the flame hawk sometimes.... He might hurt the fox sometimes too....

What size yank do you have ? I think your best bet is , he has scratched him self on something on the tank. Your other fish couldn't make those types of marks. If you have a isolation tank to keep a better eye on him and treat him , that would be a great idea.

Only thing to do is move some live rock and hope all goes well. We pretty much found the problem. One last question. Are the marks on the scales are in the scales ?

One mark looks in te scales and the other looks on..... Well thank you so much for your help!! I will watch and see how things go!! Thanks again!

No problem just doing what I would like for someone do for me! Always something new to learn in this hobby ! Hope all goes well.

I doubt that was from the filter, fox faces are smarter than that plus it would be a mark that matches the filter like a hickey and those are scratches. My guess is something spooked him and he went crashing into a hiding spot. My fox face scratched himself up when I was trying to remove him to hospital tank. They are very clumsy when scared!!!!!!!

I had a foxface years ago in one of my tanks and he was really skiddish. I had live rock in the tank but also some dead coral pieces. He would get freaked and wedge himself in the dead coral until the coast was clear and come out. Why he didn't hide in the little caves I had made for him is beyond me. I don't know if you have anything like that in your tank that would cause the scratches. Have you tried isolating him to make sure he isn't rubbing against your live rock? Hmmm...how long have you had him? Did you isolate him and the others prior to putting in your main tank and treat for parasites? He looks healthy minus the scratches. Beautiful fish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom