What is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m3drver

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a bunch of these on my LR. they are tiny and translucent and look like a hollow tube with the "tentacles" on the edge of the tube. they also retract the tentacles at times. I can't get a better pic since its so small.any ideas? bad? good?

Thanks!

Attachments

• idplz6.jpg
    idplz6.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 67
Ok as long as its not a bad thing that's great. I was thinking they were small AIPTASIA. I also have other feather dusters, which look like a fan and retract every few minutes everywhere, but this one is different. the tentacle are in circular pattern not in a fan shape.

Yeah... I have about three different kinds of tiny dusters in my tanks. The ones I have that look like your picture really don't have a noticeable "tube" and seem to just come out from the rock.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not aiptasia though. I've had those and they don't look like that picture. But don't worry... I'm sure you'll get a chance to see some at some point in this hobby! :)

If it has a tube and is a little feather duster it is a vermetid snail, or worm snail. The big ones can put mucous nets in your water. The little ones are really nothing to fear.

Back
Top Bottom