What is the best cichlid to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering what would be a good cichlid to breed? I have breed convicts before but I want something different! I have a 10g for breeding and 20g for fry an 60g for adult if I don't sell them! they need to be fairly easy to breed! I have tried angelfish and gbrs but nothing! My blood parrot laid eggs but they are sterile! Please any suggestions!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Amatitliana siquia.

Cryptoheros chetumalensis.

Both species are easy to breed but the most important part is you'll be able to sell them locally.

I'm gonna second shellies. They raise themselves, there's a lot fewer territory issues because they're colonial, and you could be breeding them all by themselves in the 10 gallon while you breed something else using the 60 and the 20.

I dont know if there is a best one, lol. Soooo many choices. Its like puttin a kid in an ice cream store with every topping imaginable at his disposal. Then saying you can only have 1. ?

Soooo many good answers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are so many choices! I love all the suggestions! I may get them all! Just kidding my mom would kill me! But I'm leaning toward firemouths or peacocks

There are so many choices! I love all the suggestions! I may get them all! Just kidding my mom would kill me! But I'm leaning toward firemouths or peacocks

If you go the peacock route, get in touch with me. I breed a few varieties of them. Have 2"-3" ones ready to go.

I was gonna say discus but your breeding tank is too small, and you have to raise a ton to see if they pair up if you don't want to spend $$$$ on a proven pair.

Sent via TIE Fighter

TMRC, well said. On the pairs i have left, i do daily WCs.

Oh goodness discus are definitely not on the list! To much $$$ for me!! Thinking maybe firemouths or calico convicts! Just a little project

Back
Top Bottom