What is the best heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron TB909

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had issues with heaters that you can't tell where you're setting the temperature and fail in around a year or so. What is the most reliable heater manuf. out there? I have a 20g tall tank that I just sold my fish to my LFS that I'm starting from scratch with and I'd like to possibly breed fish in it so I want to make sure I'm precise. I'm looking forward to hearing all of your opinions.

My fluval M series heater keeps a really consistent temperature, and it was cheap...

I got a HT Series 300 watt for $16 on Amazon for my 20H and no problems keeping community fish at steady temp....

greetings.

i have a 200 W Akvastabil heater, it has worked flawlessly for about a year now, the only tricky part about it is changing the temperature on it, it isn't accurate anymore so i have to change it a bit and come back a few hours to see what temp the water is now. but it is compact if you compare it to the models in the trade today with the same amount of Watts.

sincerely,
nereksnad.

Mogurako said:
Eheim jäger, best heaters for the money. They will last 10+ years easy.

I second that! Mine was secondhand and it's still the best heater I own. Still can't believe I got it for $3, though.

Mogurako said:
Eheim jäger, best heaters for the money. They will last 10+ years easy.

Third that. Bout to pick up a 200w for my 75 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom