What is the cheapest way to add LEDs to my nano hood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now does it dim just a solid strip, or does it actually control like just the blues, and just the whites? thats why im confused, cus what if i want more blue or more white and they are all 50/50s?

I'm not sure, though that is a good question. I would call and ask them, really friendly guys IMO

I just want a nice MH look. I want really nice
Color output and decent growth. If there were only 3 strips to
Choose from I would just do two 50/50 and one blue... But I have another one to choose, I'll have to give them
A call

You'll definitely get a look nicer than any MH could produce, with the exception of shimmer. LEDs do shimmer nicely, but nothing as crazy as the MH shimmer.

well the good thing about that is i dont have ANY shimmer with my PCs obviously, so no matter how much shimmer the LEDs give me, it will be a nice and new look. im very excited, my lights right now make my tank look so dull. I held up a Blue light to it one day just to see the difference and i was amazed at to the reaction the corals had to just a blue screen on my iphone.... so i can only imagine how much of a difference the LED replacements will make.

Here is a link to a video of my tank from this past feb. you can see how washed out everythign looks. and also, the tank has been re-arranged after i took the video, so the rock layout isnt the same, its just to show you the color.

YouTube - ‪My 24g Nano Cube 9 Months Old‬‏

Yep, I know the feeling, PCs here too. Colors are very dull compared to what they could be.

I'll be buying the kit for my tank as well once I have the money

Oh when/if I finally do I'll be showing it off like no one's business, I'd definitely post a video

soooo. i bit the bullet and ordered a DIY led kit from reefledlights.com. it got shipped out today, so hopefully by next week, ill start building the fixture...

12" heat sink with 16 blue, 8 white, and then a 6 led "high noon" white kit for extra growth.. all 3 sets of LEDs will be individually controled so that the lights will have a day/night cycle. and they are all dimable

a week later and still nothing has shown up at my door....i hope it will be here tomorrow..... ugh.....

anyways, has anyone had any experience with installing a heatsink in a jbj nano, or bio-cube hood? i want this to all be able to fit into my original hood and since i havnt actuall been able to see the heatsink, im not sure how i am going to mount it in the hood... i guess the most strait forward way would be to just measure the pegs for the oem lights and just drill holes in the heatsink and just screw it in that way... but im open for suggestions

Back
Top Bottom