what is this?algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppylove85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am hoping this is not BBA, it looks more like a grayish fussy mold. it is on my hob filter uplift tube and on the plastic air stone part,
What is it and how do i control it?
10 gal, newly cycled, been complete for bout a 2 weeks, I know i have been running my lights too much, so i am cutting down. i only have guppies and some sort of snail. plus my live plants, i did start using prime, and aqueon plant food but dosed very small amount not even half recommended. I have hornwort, green hygro, purple comba, and anarchis.

help please.

img_2019723_0_cebde3f16dab75b0db344abc4f83a9a3.jpg

img_2019723_1_7d4a51b65235f2f350f30f8c4027c32b.jpg

That looks like hair or black beard algae to me. I would decrease the time that the lights are on more and more until it goes away.

aqua_chem said:
Looks like a chunk of cabomba to me. It looks to large to be algae to me.

They mean the fuzzy stuff on the intake above the cabomba. Also in the 2nd pic on that clear thing.

They mean the fuzzy stuff on the intake above the cabomba. Also in the 2nd pic on that clear thing.
Yes that is what i meant. and the "clear" thing is a plastic part to bury the air stone in the substrate but it doesn't work so well in sand.

Back
Top Bottom