What is this...help !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JavaMoss

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I woke up this morning to find these egg like things attached to my plants, only fish I have is 5 neon tetras . Look at pictures
Help plz

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110624_072809.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110624_072809.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 153
  • ForumRunner_20110624_072831.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110624_072831.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 132
Is it best for me to take them out as soon as possible ?
Only if you dislike snails, I have a few hundred running around my 125 trying to help out the out numbered cats (2 bristle nose and 9 oto's) who just can't eat enough to stay ahead of the algae:whistle: side note to MDF I do think those lights put it at med high

Pond snails eggs. They eat left over food, some algae and are a great indicator of the amount of food you are feeding. I like them and do not have any issues about having them in my tanks.

not necessarily over feeding, but an abundance of food for them, in my tank I just don't h ave enough algae eating fish atm so the snails have plenty to eat.

most tanks at pet stores have snails, you may just not see them often, so they hitchhike in on plants, or the eggs do which look like the above pic, a clear gel like mass with a few little white spots.

Back
Top Bottom