what is this? looks like a slug with an exo skeleton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrasse326

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm cleaning out my tank and I pick up a rock and find this weird thing. Like the title says it looks like a slug with some kind of exo skeleton. For some reason I can never upload pictures to threads. It let's me upload pics to my profile but every time I upload a pic to a thread it never shows up. So please go to my profile pics I'm going to upload the pic there.

Oh ok awesome. I found another one too. Hope they didn't die then. I didn't know if they were good or bad so I put the rocks in a bucket of water from the tank waiting until I could find out what they were in case I needed to get rid of them. I was searching all over the place and couldn't find anything.

Another question.. is it good algae if it's really hard green algae that constantly grows all over my glass? I have to like scrape it off.

It's up to you. Good or bad is nothing more than perception. What I mean is, coralline algae is quite a nuisance to anyone who's been in the hobby for a little while, yet people go out of their way to get it to grow, and it uses a valuable element- calcium.
Most green algae in the DT seems to be unwanted in this hobby, but if it's not too much trouble scraping off every so often, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom