What is this poking out of my LR? Awesome, like Abyss movie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcos77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last night while the moonlights were on I had noticed something very strange sticking out of my LR. It appeared to be sifting through the sand. I know it can't be any type of serpent star or brittle because I've seen them before plenty of times, looks nothing like it. The really strange thing is that it's arm appears to elongate while reaching out to the sand. Like in the movie The Abyss, when that creature was creeping through the ship. It's arm grows in length, as though it was using water to expand. Anyone know what it could be and if it's reef safe?

slug.jpg

i posted about this one looks like yours was told it was a ribbon worm i left mine and it has not done anything wrong i think steve s came up with a awesome link for me i think the post was titled yuck thing :oops:

Coool...

It's behaviour of sifting through sand suggests that it isn't likely to be harming anything. In fact, that is probably behaviour to be encouraged. Wish I had one of those... :cry:

Brad said:
Coool...

Wish I had one of those... :cry:

could be you do and do not know it yet took me at least 6 years to see ours and since have found a second one :wink:

Back
Top Bottom