What is this thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looks exactly the same on the other side. I am wondering if I should remove him?

If it was on the anemone, it's probably an anemone parasite. I haven't heard of anemone eating flatworms, but then again, we know about 1% of the flatworms in the ocean.....so yes, I think I would remove it.
If so, it's an amazing creature that can withstand an anemone's sting. Pretty awesome.

My aquarium was completely empty. Just some pre- packed sand and a plastic decoration. I just got two clownfish and an anemone. And that thing appeared the next day. The clownfish looked well, that's why I decided that it came on anemone.

Always dip corals before you put them in your display tank! That is a hammer coral (Euphyllia ancora) not a nem.

It's not? That's what the seller told me at the shop

This very well may have come in on your rock, and not the euphyllia. Do you have live rock and sufficient lighting for photosynthetic creatures?

No, I don't have anything except the hammer coral that I wrongly thought to be anemone and the two clown fish. And look what turned up today! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396905789.373766.jpg

I have two blue and two white light. Is this enough?

So the tank is bare except sand? Is your tank cycled? You need live rock. Without strong lighting the coral will die, well if te tank isn't cycled it will die also.

Edit: is it a t5 fixture?

I was adding the life bacteria for a few days, and I have been testing the water for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. Everything is zero. The light came with the tank, it's aquareef 300

How long have you had the clowns and coral/the tank setup for? If the tank never cycled, there would never have been a spike until you add livestock

What test kit are you using? The light looks fine for the coral, it's just a matter of the tank not being cycled properly now.

I am using this oneImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396906499.966084.jpg
Shall I keep doing it every day?

Yes keep monitoring it. If anything spikes youll need to do water changes. I'd strongly consider adding base/live rock to the tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom