What is this worth? (Est. Value of Wet/Dry setup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red October

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I've got a wet/dry set up I would like to sell or trade for a nice cannister filter but have no idea what the estimated value might be. It came with the tank when I got it and haven't used it since. I have been told it can handle up to 900 gph but the pump I am including is 750 gph.

The tag says:
Innovative Aquarium Products
Pro 200 Wet/Dry System

Stats:
The bio chamber is about 6 gal.
The sump area is about 20 gal.
Prefilter tray.
Includes bio balls.
Includes 2 overflow boxes.
4 overflow tubes.
2 overflow to sump flex hoses.
Pump (750 gph)
Plumbed for a gravity feed (Gravity feed bucked & hose included)

Plenty of room for a skimmer & heaters & polisher or just about anything else.

I realize everyone has an opinion on used equipment and I welcome your input. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• pic1_wd_setup_128.jpg
    pic1_wd_setup_128.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 24
  • pic2_pump_and_plumbing_660.jpg
    pic2_pump_and_plumbing_660.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 25
Is your tank SW? If so you`d better off keeping it and ditching the bio balls and replacing with LR rubble. IMO that would be better than the canister.

I agree that would be better, but it's an extra.

I am wanting to trade or sell it for a canister because they are a sealed unit that helps me retain Co2 for my soon to be heavily planted FW tank.

Any estimates on worth are fine, I just want to be sure I'm in the right ball park lol. I've seen these things new running for a couple of bills not including pump and overflows, I just really have no idea if people take 10% off of used or 90% all I do know is I've looked around online and can't seem to find one like mine that's used for sale to compare to.

So if anyone can tell me what they would pay or try to sell theirs for I would appreciate it.

Well come to find out a couple that I know has a FW tank and have been wanting to convert to a SW. So I just gave it to them for Christmas. I still have no idea what it was worth but the warm fuzzies ya get was worth it I guess lol.

Back
Top Bottom