What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucky13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's smaller then a pin head and it's made up of sand with quarter of an inch hair tentacles. Sorry for the pic I did it on my iPod.

Attachments

• image-102852526.jpg
    image-102852526.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 77
Its a volcano!!!! Lol jk is it on the glass ? I had something similar on my glass. Tiny little filter feeders that kinda looked like barnacles. If its them they're nothing to worry about.

Volcano lol, it does look like one and yes it looks like a very tiny spaghetti worm. Thanks. Is it bad?

Ok, so I should just leave them alone then. And I have some bristle worms in my tank too. Are they bad? Because I am terrified of having one of these! 4 ft. Long!

Attachments

• image-720354294.jpg
    image-720354294.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 99
Ususally the population will increase if you're overfeeding. How often and what do you feed? You should probably feed every other day if you don't already. As the food for them lessens the population will decrease.

But you shouldn't need to remove them. They are good janitors and turn the sandbed over and eat detritus, waste, etc.

I had a large one (about a foot or so stretched out in my little 14G tank) and I took out a rock one day to do something and he was on it, I took that opportunity to remove him. IMO they're fine unless they're huge for your tank, that's when I'd take some out if you can. I got lucky

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Ususally the population will increase if you're overfeeding. How often and what do you feed? You should probably feed every other day if you don't already. As the food for them lessens the population will decrease.

But you shouldn't need to remove them. They are good janitors and turn the sandbed over and eat detritus, waste, etc.

I had a large one (about a foot or so stretched out in my little 14G tank) and I took out a rock one day to do something and he was on it, I took that opportunity to remove him. IMO they're fine unless they're huge for your tank, that's when I'd take some out if you can. I got lucky

Ya, I feed every other day and I never had them until I got 1 pound of live rock with about 7 of them on the the rock and some in it. I took some off so I can put the rock in the tank. Will they eat coral like mushrooms, zoas, and Xenia?

Ok, so I should just leave them alone then. And I have some bristle worms in my tank too. Are they bad? Because I am terrified of having one of these! 4 ft. Long!

omg..... I have nightmares about creatures that look like that! :shudders:

Your absolutely sure? There is a four foot bristle worm in a LFS that is supposed to be eating all the mushrooms that they have tried to put it. Im not necessarily right, thats only the information I have.

Back
Top Bottom