What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geronica said:
update: the other day I did order 2 4oz bottles of the Cyropro which should be here hopefully today. So far, as mentioned above, I put my gloves on and I removed all the infested filter media floss at once and thoroughly cleaned both filter houses (broke them down to their propellers). Thankfully for my DIY bottle filter (came in handy) that has been in place for 3 months has gained so much BB, that my tank did not crash nor did it have a mini cycle (smiling and clapping) and of course I still had BB on the subtrate, dw, etc... in the tank and the walls of the tank....
As of today, I replaced blue floss with a white floss so I can see them and any other pest better.....I do see a few in one filter so I pray the med comes today so I can get these pest out of my tank...

That's great :)

Question...the bottle says it treats diseases and conditions caused by anchor worm/fish lice....how will this stuff kill a parasite?

Edit:I finally found my answer....
"Recommendations: Use Liquid CyroPro any time unwanted parasites are noticed."
http://uskoi.com/cyropro.htm

Question...the bottle says it treats diseases and conditions caused by anchor worm/fish lice....how will this stuff kill a parasite?

Most likely it will but you can test it before using it in your tank to see how it does. That's the only sure fire way to know it will really kill them.

Anchor worms and fish lice are crustaceous copepods, distant cousins of things like crayfish. They are not parasites in the same class as something like ich or flukes. Cyromazine, the active ingredient in Cyropro, is an insect growth regulator and inhibitor (insecticide) that kills by preventing growth and development and thus reproduction, halting the life cycle and killing the bug. If you google cyromazine, you will find a lengthy list of its various applications in agriculture.

Back
Top Bottom