What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Voshon247

Aquarium Advice Freak
It looks to be like a slug like thing probably less than 1 cm. it is ether a slug or a snail and I will try to get better pics as I take it out the tank. And try to avoid my diatoms problem in the background Iam working on it.

image-1070574463.jpg

image-2273124421.jpg

image-3284469652.jpg

Some pic of it out the tank the best I could get

image-214154767.jpg

image-1854374737.jpg

These are some more pictures.

Ps: some parts of my zooanthids having not been doing too well while other parts seem excellent.I have had the zooanthids for about a month or 2

image-3732337646.jpg

image-176574799.jpg

Attachments

• image-4281855671.jpg
    image-4281855671.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3609070116.jpg
    image-3609070116.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 75
Looks like a zoanthid eating nudibranch.

Would you know how to kill them would flatworm exit work and I started doing a little research and I heard a six line wrasse might work as well so I might put the six line wrasse in my main tank while I work in the colony it self

I gave it a freshwater dip and I honestly didn't see much come off I swayed it in the water as much as I could and didn't see much. Little brown things came off but it didn't look like what I saw earlier it just looked like ditrus or some sort and I looked for whites eggs but all I saw was sand on the bottom of the rock that held it. There is 3 possibilities now. They are held up somewhere else in my fish tank that's 1. 2 I didn't look hard are enough and they shrugged the fresh water dip off. Or number 3 that could of been the only 1 that may have survived and I was lucky enough to find. I will go to lfs and buy a proper dip and ask if they can order a six line wrasse which are there natural predators.

But Honestly 2 or 3 doesn't seem right but anything can happen I Will keep an eye on it but Iam think I had this colony of about 20-40 polyps for about a month now and wouldn't all the polyps be destroyed. I saw pictures online of polyps that were infested for a week or two man they were destroyed. I only lost about 4-5 and some in the middle aren't looking too good. I don't think it's an infestation. What do you guys think

You need a proper dip to get rid of them. They aren't the most efficient predator so they don't just wipe out whole colonies overnight (usually).

I have heard that the wrasses will eat them, but like any biological control it can hit or miss.

I will probably get flatworm exit because I heard that works very well and should I treat my whole tank or just he colony of corals and try to starve the remaining while hopefully the six line can do it

They only eat zoanthids, and usually don't stray far from their meal.

They only eat zoanthids, and usually don't stray far from their meal.

Yeah I found out lol. But this one the only reason I saw it was because it was half way across the walk if my tank. My zooanthids are in the middle of the tank and was to the far left of my tank trying to go to the surface but the current was too strong. Tomorrow when I clean the tank I will check nearby live rocks to see if I see anything other wise all I can do is pray and hope. so I don't know exactly about staying close it meal because he was on a journey otherwise thanks for your help

After the dip, watch carefully for awhile. I've fought nudibranch before and after a month another showed up. So be firm and consistent in your battle.

Okay I will probably give it another dip a couple of days from now I just want the polyps to recover a bit from the freshwater dip first.

Back
Top Bottom