What is to high a temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have my new little guy(betta) in a 5 gallon tank with one silk and three live plants and the temp is 86F is that to high for a baby betta? I have an ac in the room too and heater is set at 84F.

iPhone 5s has taking over lol

I usually just keep my bettas at whatever room temp is. I only add a heater in the winter.

May the force be with you.

Well my bedroom were his tank is 55 with the ac on so I need a heater. I noticed if I go below 84 on the heater the temp drops to 65 at night.

Well my bedroom were his tank is 55 with the ac on so I need a heater. I noticed if I go below 84 on the heater the temp drops to 65 at night.

Fahrenheit? 1. Why is you're A/C on if its 55 degrees? 2. Is the tank right next to the A/C outlet vent or something? If so move that tank. And 3 get a different heater I mean even a good heater might not keep up with a 55 degree room but then it get's up to 86 degrees when only set to 84? Get a Eheim Jager or Cobalt neo-therm or a Finnex or a ViaAqua, like 100 watt if it will fit in the tank fine.

Yes Fahrenheit, no it is on a coffee table next to my bed on the other side of the room, I fixed the problem it was my heater I switched it out. My fiancé loves a very cold room. It now at 80F during the night and I turn it off during the day seeing the ac is off due to nobody being home.

So I have my new little guy(betta) in a 5 gallon tank with one silk and three live plants and the temp is 86F is that to high for a baby betta? I have an ac in the room too and heater is set at 84F.

82* is the highest , or you will cook the poor guy
best temp in summer months no higher than 79*
72* would be the lowest

My betta tank ranges from 75 at night to 79 in the day. My betta fish seem to be very happy, making bubble nests and such and are extremely healthy.

His tank now ranges 72 to 76 I only turn the heater on at night due to the ac. He is very active :)

Yes Fahrenheit, no it is on a coffee table next to my bed on the other side of the room, I fixed the problem it was my heater I switched it out. My fiancé loves a very cold room. It now at 80F during the night and I turn it off during the day seeing the ac is off due to nobody being home.

His tank now ranges 72 to 76 I only turn the heater on at night due to the ac. He is very active :)

I would use a pretty big heater, your trying to get almost 20 degrees over room temp, and you don't need to turn the heater off, it should use almost no power when it isn't heating.

Back
Top Bottom