What Is Your Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
butterfly_koi said:
Favorite fish? Without a doubt emperor tetras
This picture doesn't do him justice :)

When he's around my females his black line will disappear and he turns purple. Its amazing to watch!
And I love plecos!

Oh wow I have to say he is one beautiful fish, I've never actually seen an emperor tetra before I'm thinking I may have to get some now haha

My favorites are pygmy sunfish, chili rasboras, nannacara anomala, and angelfish.

I'll name my top 10 favorite fish
10. Betta splendens
9. dwarf puffer
8. yoyo botia
7. glofish
6. neon tetra
5. hillstream loach
4. swordtail
3. tire track eel
2. oscar
1. rainbow shark

I luv my betta he is great...almost like havin a dog he is soo packed with personality..just hate he isnt a community fish... im researchin fish for my 55gal it will b a community tank though... so far i really like kuhli loach,clown barbs,glofish,bumble bee goby....i really want a dwarf gourami pair (m/f) just not sure if its a great idea with the other fish i want ....

kjacks said:
I luv my betta he is great...almost like havin a dog he is soo packed with personality..just hate he isnt a community fish... im researchin fish for my 55gal it will b a community tank though... so far i really like kuhli loach,clown barbs,glofish,bumble bee goby....i really want a dwarf gourami pair (m/f) just not sure if its a great idea with the other fish i want ....

Gourami you definately want to consider doing a species only tank for as like cichlids they can be very aggressive. But like cichlids as well there may be a species that can live peacefully with community fish.

RobbieHadley said:
Gourami you definately want to consider doing a species only tank for as like cichlids they can be very aggressive. But like cichlids as well there may be a species that can live peacefully with community fish.
I did read that certain ones were peaceful but if im not mistsken it said they shouldnt b with fast swimmin r active fish...which the barbs n glos are active n fast.. im tryin to stay away from species only tanks but that seems to b what i like mostly.. oh n i already have 3 otocinclus that will have to mix with whatever fish i get..im rehomin them from my smaller tank ..which petsmart told me they would work in then i checked it out n its a no no ...i didnt buy them i just inherited them so guess its not my fault but i want them happy n healthy..

RobbieHadley said:

Dwarf gourami are great in my community setup. Most are peaceful same with pearl, choclate, honey , sparkling. I'm not sure on the gold and blue. All I know is most species are community

If anything I thought you should stay away from a species only tank with gouramis because I read they were mostly aggressive to their own kind..?

paytertot said:
If anything I thought you should stay away from a species only tank with gouramis because I read they were mostly aggressive to their own kind..?

Yeah I thought that suggestion was weird too.

Back
Top Bottom