What Is Your Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really... I breed my Cories, Gouramis and livebearers I don't pay for that. I just have to pay for the running of the tank..

What do you have with your discus? I've been thinking about a discus and german blue ram setup. What do you think? My wild caught gbr's water parameters are really close to what discus need "i think"
Any input?

My favorite fish as far as fresh water would have to be either the electric blue hap or the ob peacocks. Gorgeous fish with lots of personality

emerald76 said:
My LFS has one that is probably 24", plays with wiffle balls, and eats grapes
Lol

I would like to see fish eat grapes , that must be so cool !!

Don't your fish eat the babies though? And yeah my guppies breed without me even doing anything. All I do is keep the tank running like you said.

Cichlid Kid said:
What do you have with your discus? I've been thinking about a discus and german blue ram setup. What do you think? My wild caught gbr's water parameters are really close to what discus need "i think"
Any input?

Assuming that you're talking to me, I think gbrs are good tankmates for discus. They need basically the same water conditions. How big of a tank are you thinking of? PM me if you want, I dont want to hijack this thread.

emerald76 said:
My LFS has one that is probably 24", plays with wiffle balls, and eats grapes
Lol

I think mine is around 18.
He follows me as I move around the house from side to side of the tank.
He loves food and attention :)

I used to have a Jack Dempsey that would do that he actually let me touch him! Lol

paytertot said:
If anything I thought you should stay away from a species only tank with gouramis because I read they were mostly aggressive to their own kind..?

IME my gouramis do better in a species tank than community. They Haven't been aggressive to each other at all, even with new additions. But when I tried putting one of them in with my community tank they attached my danios and platys. This is just my experience others may have different results

If they are pygmy Cories then yes , maybe panda but I wouldn't do it. But no other type of cory

Back
Top Bottom