what kind of tetra is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valerie_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was given these tetras and have no idea what kind they are...and now this one is either pregnant or ready to lay eggs, I don't know if she is a livebearer or not. Anyone got any ideas? she's silverish with a light stripe and and black stripe..

Last edited:
You can ether upload it directly to the site (there should be an option somewhere in posting, or upload it to an album and link it from there), or do what I do and upload it to a third party site like imgur or photobucket and link from there.

So she will lay eggs...any advice for how I should care for her? My aunt had these guys for a few years and this never happened. I have taken her out of the tank with the others for the moment while I contemplate where to put her!:thanks:

Could she be fat or bloated? Aside from that, there's not really much you can do for tetras to help them along other than provide them with a cleanly and hygienic planted tank.

she wasn't like this until about 2 weeks or so ago. And she just keeps getting bigger...I don't think she's just fat or bloated, but I'm no expert lol

The change in tanks/enviornment could have stimulated her so the best thing you can do is put her back in the tank. Also if you could take about 3-4 frozen peas, cook them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so in water, drain and de-shell them, squish them up, then add alittle at a time until they see it's food and will eat them. If she would happen to be constipated, which I seriously doubt, this will help clean out her digestive tract. I feed peas about every 3 days along with their normal food and all my fish, even the tetras love them.

I'll try that and see what happens. I'm a little worried now about putting her back with the others, so I am moving them to a different tank. Just read that it may be tapeworm or some other parasite.

Back
Top Bottom