What kinda fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can get to about 4 1/2 inches and min tank size should be 20 gal. If you have good filtration maybe a 15 gal.

Kuhli Loach said:
Can get to about 4 1/2 inches and min tank size should be 20 gal. If you have good filtration maybe a 15 gal.

IMO no smaller than a 20g and even that's pushing it. They can get to 5-6 inches, some more, some less. But don't just assume that's what you've got. You don't have a positive ID yet.

Mumma.of.two said:
Can you get a clearer, closer picture. It's really hard to tell in the pics you posted.

I will try give me some time !

Kuhli Loach said:

Ok good I'll be housing him in a 29 gallon tank :thumbsup:

29 should be fine, but just make SURE it's a bristlenose. I house my bristle in a 30 gal.

Ny one know what kind of fish these guys are ? I have two of the tiny ones I believe they are some sort of tetra , two of the black colored one , and two of the pink colored one. The two pink guys have the same body shape as the black colored guys , any thoughts ?

First photo, I see a cherry barb and a pleco. Second pic, I see a cherry barb, a white skirt that has unfortunately been dyed pink, and a black skirt. The white skirt is a selectively bred color variant of the black skirt tetra that has been injected with pink dye.

severum mama said:
First photo, I see a cherry barb and a pleco. Second pic, I see a cherry barb, a white skirt that has unfortunately been dyed pink, and a black skirt. The white skirt is a selectively bred color variant of the black skirt tetra that has been injected with pink dye.

That's sad ! And I just googled cherry barb , do not think it is a cherry barb !

Does this picture help ?

Attachments

• image-1281110905.jpg
    image-1281110905.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 69
not really......

are we looking at that pinkish fish down in the right hand corner?

LyndaB said:
not really......

are we looking at that pinkish fish down in the right hand corner?

No the pleco in the corner of the tank lmfao guess I need to try taking better pictures of him again

LyndaB said:
what is that greenish thing? that's throwing me off big-time....

The green thing is a hut it's a reflection off the glass in the tank

Can you give him some food out in the open then when he goes to eat it take a pic, no flash and have the room lights off and curtains shut. That's your best chance at a good pic IMO.

These pictures help ?

Attachments

• image-1697869843.jpg
    image-1697869843.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3493231601.jpg
    image-3493231601.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 62
  • image-798939503.jpg
    image-798939503.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 63
Mumma.of.two said:
Can you give him some food out in the open then when he goes to eat it take a pic, no flash and have the room lights off and curtains shut. That's your best chance at a good pic IMO.

What about those pictures ?

Back
Top Bottom