What med for missing scales on congo tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today while doing my water change I noticed one of my female congos was stuck in a spiral shell. It is a real sea shell that has been in the tank longer than she has and has dissolved somewhat leaving an opening small enough for her to get part way out but not all the way. I have since removed the shell and it will not be going back in. She looks like she has a few scales missing right before her dorsal fin. After all my water changes are done in going to my LFS to get some kind of medication to help keep the area clean. Are there any suggestions as to what med to pick up?

Melafix by api is a good antibacterial , i have had great results with this! Its a geat healer. Also stress coat by api is good at letting tissue heal and protects with a synthetic slime coating.

Ok. I have used both in the past and I treat my tank with stress coat plus with the water change. So I'll pick up some more melafix tonight.

No meds needed. Missing scales will grow back on their own in a few wks time with nothing necessary other than healthy water. If your concerned, a few extra water changes & bit stress coat/fish protector can be added.

Back
Top Bottom