What New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaTetra

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ten gallon with gravel, lightly planted. I have seven black neon tetras in it. I think it looks a little bland, any semi- bright colored fish ideas that can live in a group of two or one? Not gouramis or Platy and I don't honk a corydora will survive with my gravel.

Also, I could use tips on keeping plants alive would be helpful. I have gone through a few batches, but eventually they all die off. All I ever get from it is snails.

Hm, well there aren't too many options. You're almost fully stocked as it is. I'd say a sparkling gourami or a couple of guppies maybe.

What kind of plants have you tried? What light is on the tank?

Well I keep my windows open, my tank light on, and add co2 booster.

I take it you have the stock light that came with the tank? If so it's very low light so only a small number of plants can tolerate it. You could probably do water sprite and crypts. Then if you have a little piece of driftwood you could attach an anubia or java fern to it. Your plant choices are very limited. You also need to use a liquid fertilizer espeically if your using a liquid carbon (CO2 Booster). You could get something like Seachem Flouris Comprehensive to use weekly after WC's.

How do I attach an Anubis to driftwood? I had some before, but it was just in my gravel, and died.

I use 100% Cotton black thread to tie mine on. In time the thread dissolves and by then the anubia is attached.

Rivercats said:
I use 100% Cotton black thread to tie mine on. In time the thread dissolves and by then the anubia is attached.

I do the same thing. Anubias and ferns will die if planted in the gravel. I also second Seachem Flourish comprehensive an a good fertilizer for a 10. Changing out the light bulb first is a must. Remember to never run it longer than 10 hours max.

Is it a screw in type bulb?

Ok thank you. Any recommendations on where to get a piece of driftwood, that would be about 8 in. Long?

So it looks like this and slides over a pice of glass above the tank.

Attachments

• image-2164688566.jpg
    image-2164688566.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 40
Basically heating them up and then cooling them off to stop the cooking process. So you can microwave or boil a piece of veggie (my fish like zucchini) and then dip it in cold water to stop the cooking process, then put it into the tank.

I can't read what the bulb says but I'd just go to walmart or Lowe's and get a "daylight" bulb from GE not an aquarium/ plant bulb. Those suck. The daylight bulbs are awesome for plants in tanks your size and are crazy cheap. I've used them to grow plants for years. They won't grow high light plants but low light should be just fine.

Anyone know if online bought plants are good or not, because I would like to get some ferns for potential otos.

All my plants came from either AquariumPlants.com or ExtraPlant.com and I have alot of plants. A word of caution I personally won't order and have plants shipped when it's really (like it's getting now) or when it's super hot. Even shipping overnight in those temps won't guarantee your plants will make it.

Back
Top Bottom