What now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelbidavis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Fish just died, not sure what he died from. Should I medicate or do something to my tank so the other fish don't catch whatever it was? Garlic, Epsom, water change, medicine from my LFS?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You're getting ahead of yourself with tank medication. First you need to know what the fish died from. Were there any symptoms before the death? Do you know your tank water parameters? How long did you have the fish?

Once you go through some initial questions, then you can determine what the best course of action is.

My nitrates were a little high and everything else 0. I got the nitrate lower now. Tank is 2 1/2 months old. All fish 1 month old. He wouldn't eat, and other people were thinking he had a internal parasite. he didn't show very much symptoms besides slowing getting skinnier and skinnier, losing color, and not swimming around. But one person did say it might be stress? I had two male gouramis, that my lfs told me was fine by the way so I'm kinda mad about that. But he was the domanint one until he started not eating. Sorry if this is confusing!

Oh and he didn't die from the gourami attacking him, He was at the top of the water sipping air every one second and then I saw him just stop moving completely and die:(

What's the temp of the tank? Are you sure your parameters are okay? Using liquid test kit or strips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

78-80 degrees. I use ammonia liquid kit. But the rest is test strips, maybe that's my problem

Strips are very inaccurate competing with liquid. Are any other fish showing weird habits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No other fish are showing Symptoms thank goodness. So liquids are the best to use then?

Back
Top Bottom