What shall I have for the new 75gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so farts are funny still! Do oscars fart? Maybe that's a new prerequisite..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If farts get unfunny at a certain age, go ahead and off me the day before that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

31, act far younger if you havnt noticed. In all seriousness we should get this car back on the rails;) anyone have pros and cons to occasional live feeding of home cultured guppys/endlers?

Nope.... Feed away brooks. Like you said, always fun to watch a predator do its thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Smash up NLS pellets and feed it to them as much as they will eat right before you drop them in the big boy tank.

I don't think the occasional live fish food as a treat will hurt the oscar. We give treat foods to other fish after all right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Feed it red wrigglers or nightcrawlers, you will never see comparable colors on a tank raised Oscar.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nightcrawlers for sure!

I fed mine left over nightcrawlers from fishing trips, fruit such as grapes and oranges, and raw jumbo shrimp which were hands down their favorite.

I fed mine left over nightcrawlers from fishing trips, fruit such as grapes and oranges, and raw jumbo shrimp which were hands down their favorite.

I'd be strictly buying the crawlers for bubah.. havnt used live bait since I was a wee lad... the rest sounds great, wouldn't happen to have any pics? Was he one of your first beasts?

I'd be strictly buying the crawlers for bubah.. havnt used live bait since I was a wee lad... the rest sounds great, wouldn't happen to have any pics? Was he one of your first beasts?

I don't either as I'm fishing for smallies and muskies but when my son comes we fish for gills for constant action and shore lunch!!

27198-albums2013-picture13426.jpg

27198-albums2013-picture13430.jpg

27198-albums2013-picture13428.jpg

This was my last breeding pair from a few years ago, they were both measured at 13" when I sold them.

Last edited:
I don't either as I'm fishing for smallies and muskies but when my son comes we fish for gills for constant action and shore lunch!!

27198-albums2013-picture13426.jpg

27198-albums2013-picture13430.jpg

27198-albums2013-picture13428.jpg

This was my last breeding pair from a few years ago, they were both measured at 13" when I sold them.
Smallies are the business!!!! Those are some beautiful oscars man! Think my mind is made up! Thanks for sharing.
Ps- thoughts on feeder fish??

Back
Top Bottom