What should I do with my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what should I do?

• Just add 10 more black neons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add a few more black neons and a new centerpiece fish (suggestions)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Add just a centerpiece fish and nothing else

• Add a second schooling fish (suggestions)

• Total voters

SaraB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had to remove my female betta because she got sick. It kind of look empty in there with just 10 black neons 4 otos and 3 female platys. Vera was kind of my centerpiece fish she never bothered the other fish.

It has a lot of hiding spots on the one side and lots of swimming space on the other.

There's also someone on kijiji who has a bunch of endlers for sale for a decent price

I had to remove my female betta because she got sick. It kind of look empty in there with just 10 black neons 4 otos and 3 female platys. Vera was kind of my centerpiece fish she never bothered the other fish.

It has a lot of hiding spots on the one side and lots of swimming space on the other.

Maybe add an angel or some gouramis? I have an angelfish in my 55 and she’s so beautiful and nice to the other fish. Angels are super interactive too! Since platies are already there you could always add more and go for almost a rainbow full of different colors of platies or swordtails! Just play around with smaller fish or go for 1 larger peaceful fish!

I've heard mixed reviews on angelfish. Some say they are perfectly fine and others say they ate their tetras when they got big enough.
I did add 2 more female platys. Mine were constantly hiding (might be because they are pregnant again), but the extra platys seemed to help.
What gourami would you suggest if I went with 1 bigger fish.

Back
Top Bottom