What should I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefsforme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am new at this. I am going to buy 8 lbs. of prime cured rock for my new 6 gallon Nano aquarium. How would I attach corals to the live rock? How long should I cycle the tank with the live rock before putting in the coral? Thanks for all your help.

I wish you the best but it`s not going to be easy in that size tank. The smaller the tank the less water volume and the more dilligent you`ll need to be. Larger tanks will be more forgiving with mistakes or problems.

We see you found the bold fonts :)
I am new at this. I am going to buy 8 lbs. of prime cured rock for my new 6 gallon Nano aquarium. How would I attach corals to the live rock?
Superglue gel works wonders. Put some glue on the rock, dip in the water, pull it out, place coral how you like then place in the water. Epoxy is OK but looks less appealing IMO.
How long should I cycle the tank with the live rock before putting in the coral? Thanks for all your help.
Until your readings indicate a drop in ammonia, nitrites and your trates stabilize. You did buy test kits.....right?.....; )

buy these things

Saltwater master test kit api
Refractometer
Gravel vac

Once you have that in hand you are ready to cycle your tank with live rock. It can take anywhere up to a month or longer to cycle a tank so expect a wait. You will wan't to closely follow the water readings with your test kit. This tells us and you where your cycle is at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom