What size tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
What size tank should I get at the petco sale? I will be getting a 90 for free so nothing huge but otherwise I either want another ten split up my stock or a 20+ gal for my adult guppies and cories. Also, give me some filter and heater suggestions please!

+1 for the 40 breeder. They have great surface area and swimming room.

I vote you get as big a tank as you can fit/afford in your house. That sale generally only reaches 55g, so I suggest either a 40b or a 55g. To be honest though, I personally prefer to by tanks used whenever possible because it still ends up being a lot cheaper that way. A stand for a tank that big is not a cheap venture. If you are able to build one, that would work, but if you are like me and have 0 building skills, the prospect of buying a new stand is rather daunting.
Of course, it all depends on what you plan to keep.

What exactly do people use 40G breeders for?? Aside from breeding of course... The look like they have a decent design to them... Not too tall, long and wide enough but what could you really put in it lol

I like them for the width. A 12" tank is just to narrow.

Thing is I am also getting a ninety... I should probably buy from craigslist there's a 125 in my area 

I'm going crazy waiting for the 125... She's gonna give me everything she had when it was running... Though I think it was SW so I'll have to clean it or just let it run for a few weeks to filter out the salt

I've converted two SW tanks to FW. Both were a bear.

Back
Top Bottom