What the heck is the point of decaffeinated coffee??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Always wondered this. Isn't coffee supposed to wake you up, or give you energy? So if you take away the proportions that give you that, what's the point of coffee? I wouldn't think that it is because we like the taste, it is notoriously bitter.

You coffee drinkers please enlighten me.

Thanks!

I enjoy the taste of my coffee but I don't drink decaf lol folgers black silk for me :)

Actually drinking a cup now...cheers ;)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121106_235242.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121106_235242.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 7
I never understood decaf until a few months or so... Basically some nights I want coffee but know I need my sleep so I brew a pot of decaf knowing it won't keep me up.

PS liquid coffee creamer with exceptional flavors is my latest obsession.

bigbanker said:
I never understood decaf until a few months or so... Basically some nights I want coffee but know I need my sleep so I brew a pot of decaf knowing it won't keep me up.

PS liquid coffee creamer with exceptional flavors is my latest obsession.

French vanilla and hazelnut are the best creamers :)

Some people do like the flavor of coffee-I'm not really one of them. :) I'll drink coffee for the caffeine once in a while at 3AM with A LOT of cream and sugar, and then it's palatable. But some cardiac patients can't have caffeine, it can irritate the heart, causing palpitations and other problems. But some of them love coffee (black with no sugar-ill never understand it!! Lol ), hence, decaf. ;)

It's the same reason that people quitting smoking sometimes start eating a lot of Dum Dums. The habits associated with the habit/addiction are sometimes just as powerful as the habit itself.

As for creamer just plain powdered creamer and sugar my brother and grandpa like it black lol my grandpa will guzzle down a fresh cup in under 2 min lol my dad drinks bout 2 pots a day maybe less he doesnt care what time lol old habit of an old tow truck driver i personlly like regular anytime since caffeine doesnt keep me up

It's basically been said before, I want the taste of coffee but i want to sleep, so I drink decaf at night........in the morning, though, I drink the good stuff ;)

I have recently become obsessed with the Heath-flavored liquid creamer......the stuff is sooooo good......but, I will always be willing to drink a cup of BLACK coffee with a doughnut ;)

Back
Top Bottom