What the heck is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debleo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Finished cycling a 5-gallon for a betta this weekend. I just planted it and added one nerite snail yesterday. Today, I found this on the glass. Is this Grindal worms?

My new betta arrives on Thursday and I want to make sure this isn’t going to harm him.

The thicker white things on the substrate are roots from planting. It’s the white web thingy clinging to the glass I’m concerned about. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• 60A4B8BE-494B-4692-930F-7BB7EB550354.jpg
    60A4B8BE-494B-4692-930F-7BB7EB550354.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 32
To be honest I have no idea but had to reply...

To help others with more knowledge could you answer a couple of questions?

1) Does it move other than what might be caused by water movement?
2) Is it possible that it could be a root segment that broke loose from your planting?

It’s hard to tell about the moving - it definitely moves a little bit in the water.

It isn’t pieces of root. It’s attached itself to the glass. It almost looks like a frog’s foot if that makes any sense. The ends of it look like “toes.”

Don't take this as fact as I don't have the knowledge to tell you what to do but I would sterilize the tank... well, not really

I would not just dispose the ... whatever it is... I would transfer to another container with the gravel in the tank you want including the thing in question. I am a little bit of a 'tree huger' so would never just dispose of something just due to my lack of understanding. Sigh, I'd probably start another small tank for the beta and leave what you see alone to see what happens. I just could not dispose of something that appears to be alive just because I lacked the knowledge to know what I was dealing with. It would be easy to just say to kill the tank, boil the gravel, just totally kill the tank and start over but I could not do that myself without knowing what I was killing.

Keep in mind that I'm speaking in total ignorance but I would never just dispose of something just due to a lack of understanding.

Back
Top Bottom