What to add next????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
some of you have seen my tank, for those that dont know me, I have a 100 gallon lightly planted tank. I am in the process of restocking it I had a problem a while back and lost a lot of my fish. As of right now i have
1 lg pearl gorami
2 clown loaches
2 clown plecos
2 blood fin tetras
5 red sarpea tetras
6 lemon tetras
6 columbian red and blue tetras
4 von rio tetras
9 amono shrimp
I would like to add somee more larger fish, maybe some more goramies or maybe an angle fish. Any suggestions would be great.

not sure how big but i am looking for kind of a center show piece that would go with my tetras. my pearl is about 3.5 from nose to end of tail fin. but hides a lot

Here is what I would do to your stocking: Alteration in bold.

2 1 lg pearl gorami
5 2 clown loaches
2 2 clown plecos
0 2 blood fin tetras
10 5 red sarpea tetras
10 6 lemon tetras
10 6 columbian red and blue tetras
10 4 von rio tetras
9 amono shrimp

Thats jsut me though. Large schools of tetras look good together. If you wanted a center piece fish I would remove the Gourami and get a pair of Angels of your choice (I'm parital to solid blacks myself). Clown loaches really prefer to be in groups and are fun to watch when they are.

Craig

If you are looking for a bigger gourami, go with a pair of kissing gourami. They get upwards of 12 inches and a herbivores so no worries of smaller fish. The only worries is this fish eats plants, so unpalatable plants like java fern is best.

thanks for the replies, I think i will go with more gouramis but i wonder if i can mix the types of gouramies and how many i can add without them fighting. i will also be adding more tetras to the ones i have i really like my von rio tetras and I think i will add some neons as well.

I have a 75 gallon gourami species tank that houses a mixture of blue, gold, platinum, moonlight, dwarf and pearls with no aggression issues at all. I'm extremely pleased at the results since there are over twenty five gouramis in the tank.

I have a 75 gallon gourami species tank that houses a mixture of blue, gold, platinum, moonlight, dwarf and pearls with no aggression issues at all. I'm extremely pleased at the results since there are over twenty five gouramis in the tank.
WOW i think that would be cool. I may have to add a few mor gouramis to my tank
Thanks

Just remember that fish aggression levels change as fish mature. I had 6 full grown (5 1/2") blues and golds (same species) in a 55 and it was barely contained mayhem only because it was very heavily planted.

Back
Top Bottom