What to add next...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a school of 5 red eyes + 1 bleeding heart (I don't know what happenned to Red Eye #6. He vanished...no body ;) ) in my heavily planted 55g.

Do I want to add another school of tetras next or put in my angels? I'm really dying to get to the angels :) They have some nice ones at Petsmart too right now.

As for the tetras, should black neons be ok with angels? I'd love emperors but they're so hard to find.

Codefox said:
I currently have a school of 5 red eyes + 1 bleeding heart (I don't know what happenned to Red Eye #6. He vanished...no body ;) ) in my heavily planted 55g.

Do I want to add another school of tetras next or put in my angels? I'm really dying to get to the angels :) They have some nice ones at Petsmart too right now.

As for the tetras, should black neons be ok with angels? I'd love emperors but they're so hard to find.
First...is your tank fully cycled?

what are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate reading?

IF and ONLY IF your are fully cycled would i add moe fish,

in which case... i would get some more bleeding hearts..the general rule with tetra is no less then 6 in a school.

then you could add your angles...i know angels will eat regular neons, but i think i read once that black neons are bigger and thus ok with angels.

might i also suggest some corie catfish :D small school of them is always nice IMO

This tank has been running for 2 months...yes, itss cycled ;) No more bleeding hearts...this is the sole survivor of an ick outbreak and as I've said before I don't like these fish. Extremely timid. They never would come to the surface to even eat. He's fine though, he schools with the red eyes and isn't timid with them around.

Cory cats are in my plans, I have a juli that also survived the ick outbreak. If I put the angels in the cory will get 3 buddies. Otherwise he'll have to wait. I love cories though...they're so funny :)

my angels failed to distinguish between regular neons and black neons, and devoured them all by mistake.
coming back to your question, you can add the angels now, and add another school of tetras later.

Back
Top Bottom