What to do with a 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was my other thought but after doing saltwater and Malawi cichlids, I can't do basic trops. Just missing the wow factor from all the vibrant colors that cichlids have to offer. I'll play around with the layout and go from there. As of now Malawi, tanganyika or a fowlr tank sounds appealing. A 150 can house some nice triggers, lion fish or some tangs.

You got african cichlids, try south american cichlids. The amazon river has a ridiculous amount of fish.

Or maybe just koi. There easy to keep and you could just grow them out some and sell them. I had 3 in a 55 for a lil bit. I got them for 9 bucks then traded them for 30.

Not a fan of koi or arowana, sorry just my opinion. I think I've come to the idea of a rift tank or possibly south American cichlids. If I do Malawi I can have an insane stock of fish, south Americans in thinking more like 20-30 fish max depending on sizes or I can do Frontosas.

Not a fan of koi or arowana, sorry just my opinion. I think I've come to the idea of a rift tank or possibly south American cichlids. If I do Malawi I can have an insane stock of fish, south Americans in thinking more like 20-30 fish max depending on sizes or I can do Frontosas.

Oooh, you would totally be happy with Africans! But I may be a bit biased lol. Look into the Victoria/Tanganyika fish, they are amazingly gorgeous and I have found myself drifting away from Mbuna over to these guys :) I have to admit, they are pretty mean tho lol. Sorry that last pic is so dark, I was trying to catch them spawning :)

Attachments

• 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 89
  • 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
AndrewsPistol said:
Oooh, you would totally be happy with Africans! But I may be a bit biased lol. Look into the Victoria/Tanganyika fish, they are amazingly gorgeous and I have found myself drifting away from Mbuna over to these guys :) I have to admit, they are pretty mean tho lol. Sorry that last pic is so dark, I was trying to catch them spawning :)

What is that first African?!? I love it! Looks so much like dicrossus spp. From south America, minus the pattern!

Freakgecko91 said:
What is that first African?!? I love it! Looks so much like dicrossus spp. From south America, minus the pattern!

Julidochromis Marlieri :) interesting little guys. They pair off and are pretty much monogamous. I have a male and female. :)

I would start an African tank simply for those! So cool! And that says a lot cause I'm a south American cichlid person haha

It's a breed of Marlieri. It's from Lake Tanganyika. I actually have a pair in my Malawi tank. Bought them from PetSmart on sale and they had them listed as Malawi's so my fault for not researching them. So far they have been a great addition to my tank. They like to hang out around the drift wood and around the bottom of the tank picking through the sand. Love the patten and blue lining on their fins

I have julidochromis dickfeldi in with my malawi's with no problems.They claim the rock pile for themselves and defend it well.Very pretty fish too.

garfy said:
I have julidochromis dickfeldi in with my malawi's with no problems.They claim the rock pile for themselves and defend it well.Very pretty fish too.

I would say I have them in with my Mbuna too, but my Mbuna are in with the craziest mix lol. I got a little of everything haha.

i say get some africans. ive had sa's and there cool and all, but you wouldnt be able to put alot in your tank. with africans on the other hand, you could have 35 fish, and have tons of color.

gman42 said:
i say get some africans. ive had sa's and there cool and all, but you wouldnt be able to put alot in your tank. with africans on the other hand, you could have 35 fish, and have tons of color.

I think he could have more than 35... Imo :)

Back
Top Bottom