What to do with cycled 10 gallon tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquamami8326

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, I'm a newb to the site, but not to fishkeeping. I received a 10 gallon starter kit for christmas, (I know, kind of useless but its the thought that counts right?) which has completed its first cycle (still empty). Now I just have to figure out what the heck to put in it. I'm open to all ideas - coldwater, tropical, freshwater, species-specific, and am really curious about a little nano tank. This tank will be going in my kitchen, and I really want it to be as colorful and active as possible. I can't bear to look at an empty tank and its driving me bonkers. Thanks for any and all of your ideas!

Hey, welcome to AQ!

I've got a ten gallon tank for my daughter... Ember tetra, panda corys, and one dwarf gourami.

That was my first thought too, just a typical small community, but I can't help but want something more interesting/weird. This tank might also get put in my sons room when the time comes.

Dwarf puffers? An invert tank, African dwarf frogs, african clawed frogs... A mixed land/water tank with fire belly toads?

I'm starting to like the idea of an invert tank.. The only reason I didn't really consider them before is because I've personally never had any, and I thought they were almost always bottom feeders who stick to the gravel scavenging. Is this true or do they like to chill out at different levels?

I have ghost shrimp in my 46 gallon tank. They do hang out at the bottom alot, but they will also scale the live plants, eating little bits of extra food caught on them or the little diatoms that grow on them, and when I do flake food... Its fun to watch them swim up, snatch a piece of food, and float down while they nibble on a flake.

The RCS are really easy to keep and they are really pretty!

Back
Top Bottom