What to do with my 40g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plus the invert safe wrasses are usually peaceful and somewhat shy, so that might be a problem.

What about the fact that you have no sand..so the wrasse can't hide or create a slime shield/cocoon like structure when it sleeps (saw this for a type of wrasse to conceal it's scent from predators)...?

striped blenny would be cool..like vampires :lol:...don't think that's what you were thinking of though...some type of basslet or dottyback (even though they can be really aggressive, but the others can be too)...I saw an orchid dottyback at my LFS and it was so vibrant and glowing a beautiful purple...wish I could get it, but don't want it harassing my other fish...

What about a six line wrasse? Should be fine with your shrimp.

What about a six line wrasse? Should be fine with your shrimp.

if i got a six line i would put it in my 75g, I want the 40g to be fish I cant have in a reef

Maybe Ill just got back to my original plan and get a snowflake eel

That's true, wrasse need sand to sleep in...I think a dotty back or Midas blenny be good.. I have a stary blenny that is very nice but a little mean so that may be a good fit as well

That's true, wrasse need sand to sleep in...I think a dotty back or Midas blenny be good.. I have a stary blenny that is very nice but a little mean so that may be a good fit as well

I have a Midas in my reef tank.

I dont know what to do haha

I wouldn't recommend a snowflake in a 40. I have owned them and they get quite large... Almost the size of your tank itself. That would also be a problem with your shrimp. I would say 75 min for snowflake. I have had one in a 75 and would say thats the minimum. Your kinda screwed with the shrimp if you want fish that aren't reef safe and bold. The eel will eat them and so will a lot of bold fish.

I wouldn't recommend a snowflake in a 40. I have owned them and they get quite large... Almost the size of your tank itself. That would also be a problem with your shrimp. I would say 75 min for snowflake. I have had one in a 75 and would say thats the minimum. Your kinda screwed with the shrimp if you want fish that aren't reef safe and bold. The eel will eat them and so will a lot of bold fish.

i know! it sucks...those shrimp are really getting in the way. Maybe I could sell them or put them back in the 75g and remove the marine betta. I just think the betta is cooler then the shrimp.

I do t think a maroon clown would be a good suggestion. I have one in my aggressive tank, and he just might be the 2nd most aggressive! The only thing more is my Lunare wrasse. He is more aggressive than my Huma, puffer, and lion! I think those shrimps would be a target for him. Just my opinion. Wouldn't want $50 in shrimp to be a $50 meal! Lol

I do t think a maroon clown would be a good suggestion. I have one in my aggressive tank, and he just might be the 2nd most aggressive! The only thing more is my Lunare wrasse. He is more aggressive than my Huma, puffer, and lion! I think those shrimps would be a target for him. Just my opinion. Wouldn't want $50 in shrimp to be a $50 meal! Lol

I'm getting rid of tr shrimp. My lfs is giving 45$ for both of the shrimp. I don't care about aggression it's an aggressive tank. I'm just doing a snowflake and maroon clown an ill be happy with that.

A maroon usually doesn't play nice with other clowns. you say you are doing aggressive, but a snowflake doesn't fall in that category.

Back
Top Bottom