What to do with party favor goldfish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was at my nephews birthday party and they made it nemo themed and they gave all the guest live goldfish . I had no choice but to take it and I really have no where to keep it but a 1.5 gallon tank . It's probally about 2 inch in size but those things grow up to a foot ! I have a 30 and 5 gallon freshwater tank , a 3 gallon betta tank . I have little to no knowledge about them and my local fish stores don't sell goldfish and don't want to take it :( I'm planning on buying a 20 gallon tank for the poor thing .

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Post in here in the classifides or maybe even craigslist. There might be someone with a goldfish set up

That's really strange to me- why force fish onto people. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Find someone that could use it as a feeder fish? There has to be someone who has a turtle

Sent from a phone.

That's true too. Chances are it probably is a comet meant as a feeder. They are often like 5/$1.00

Give him back to the lady.

I agree about putting him on craigslist for free, people should jump all over that.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So I was at my nephews birthday party and they made it nemo themed and they gave all the guest live goldfish . I had no choice but to take it and I really have no where to keep it but a 1.5 gallon tank . It's probally about 2 inch in size but those things grow up to a foot ! I have a 30 and 5 gallon freshwater tank , a 3 gallon betta tank . I have little to no knowledge about them and my local fish stores don't sell goldfish and don't want to take it :( I'm planning on buying a 20 gallon tank for the poor thing .

I would complain to the person who had the bright idea of giving a fish as a favor. Living things are not party favors and what they did was wrong. Do they not realize most of the fish were probably flushed?

Rant over, I am glad you are trying to do the right thing by this fish. I would also recommend Craigslist as others have. I have had good luck using that site. Just always meet in public etc etc. Good luck!

Hahaha if they have a birthday or something else soon gift it back. ;)

Good luck with it though. To me that is super effed up to give anything live as a party favor except maybe plants.

You say none of your local fish stores sell goldfish, but can you ask where she bought them from?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I gave the goldfish to a guy with a kio pond that has some goldfish in it and I hope I made the right choice :cool:

I gave the goldfish to a guy with a kio pond that has some goldfish in it and I hope I made the right choice :cool:

you sure did! if you do not want them and someone else does, then it is the right thing to simply give them away.

I am glad you got rid of them, It took me over 2 weeks to find a home for my 2 comet goldfish.

You totally made the right choice. He will do great in the pond. Shame on those people though for using living things as party favors. I hope they dont get their birthday wish, lol.

Back
Top Bottom