What to get for 50 gallon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What to get for 50 gallon acrylic tank?

• Fire Eel tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrimp tank

• African Cichlid tank

• Lone Oscar tank

• Other (Difficult fish)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Trying to figure out what I should do with a 50 gallon acrylic tank... 36" long, 15" front to back, and 20" high.

If you choose either of the "Other" options, specify what "Other" you want me to do. I urge you to pick one of the other options though.

I would say african river fish like kribs. I am pretty sure most of the fish you listed won't work or work to well in that tank as in the eel, african rift Cichlids and others.

bud29 said:
I don't think a full grown oscar would work in a tank with that footprint.....JMO.

Agreed they need at least a 75 but some people manage to fit them into a 55 gal. I'm guessing they stop growing at 12" unlike the normal 14" ones I see.

Agreed they need at least a 75 but some people manage to fit them into a 55 gal. I'm guessing they stop growing at 12" unlike the normal 14" ones I see.

Yes, a 55 is really not ideal for an oscar at all, and especially since the footprint of the tank is a foot shorter than a 55........there's just no way......

A shrimp tank, a dwarf cichlid tank, a puffer tank with F8s or dwarf puffers, or a FOWLR tank with smaller fish are the only really viable options among those ya listed.

WYite

A shrimp tank, a dwarf cichlid tank, a puffer tank with F8s or dwarf puffers, or a FOWLR tank with smaller fish are the only really viable options among those ya listed.

WYite

A planted ABK tank would work as well, as long as he only got one. They only get 7-8 inches, and take up less room than you would expect.

Please keep in mind I just came up with this idea to have a poll, I wan't looking at their needs. There is a reason why I asked you guys and didn't just pick one and go.

RAH said:

And I just want to put out there that I have seen oscar live happy lives in a 55 gallon but would I keep a 14-16 inch in there no but a 12 yeah if I had no other choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom