What to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iDream

Aquarium Advice Addict
AA I'm in need of your expertise on some toys for my tank!

My birthday passed on monday (I know, I'm a Pi baby! [Also share my birthday with witty ol' Einstein]) and as usual for some I got money.

Now my mother offered to get me a new iPhone (spoiled, I know), but instead opted for a gift of my choice. So I then asked for cash so I could order stuff myself (I was like "Hmm... iPhone or toys for my fish/tank? FISH DUH!!!"). So I then began looking into stuff I've wanted for quite a while.

I have about $100 to spend, and my list is as follows:

Hydor koralia nano 240gph: $30
Hydor Flo Deflector: ~$10
Two Little Fishies Nano Mag: ~$8

So my total right now before shipping and tax (This is all on amazon) is $48.30, so I have about $50 more.

I'm open to any and all ideas. So....

AA Team GO! :)

(I'm off to hang out with Jenatron's dad, so we'll be back later!)

I'm not familiar with salt water tanks..... but if I have $50 to spare..... i will buy me one of those beautiful anemones..... those ones where the clown fish hang out.

i don't even know if $50 is enough, but I always find these organisms amazing....

just my idea.

BTW Happy birthday

Thanks for the reply!

The only thing is my lighting isnt strong enough to support one, and I personally am not a fan of them. Though I do think $50 could get you a nice one.

I'm looking more in the area of dry goods, like equipment. Though I may just buy corals since I can't think of anything else, thanks for the idea from your idea!

You should buy something for your wonderful, beautiful girlfriend to show her how much you appreciate her. ;)
:ROFLMAO: Just kidding!

I was going to suggest getting something for jenatrons tank... but... since it is your birthday present and all, I think it's appropriate to be selfish this one time. I don't really know of anything to suggest other than some corals... or maybe a refractometer if you don't have one already.

even though im 14 i wish i could get my gf into aquariums itd b nice especially sence im so into the hobby

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

Trust me she was into FW aquariums pretty much early on, it was getting her to come to the salty side that took some convincing

... And now it has begun :vader: Mwahaha!

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Trust me she was into FW aquariums pretty much early on, it was getting her to come to the salty side that took some convincing

... And now it has begun :vader: Mwahaha!

lmao ok that's funny mabye il show her how amazing fw is n wiin her over with clown fish ilove those buggers

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

So did you decide what to get?

If you don't decide soon, those $50 will be soon $30 , and then $20, and so on before you know it.......

Lol

Right now I haven't gotten anything, currently my order is at Dr. F&S because the koralia nano 240 is on sale. So I have that and the hydor flo deflector. I decided the nano mag was a waste since I already have a magfloat it wasnt necessary. I also looked into some battery air pumps, Azoo brand for 3 for like $14. But decided against it too.

And rook I actually offered to buy her some pink zoas from our LFS to keep in my tank until we move, but she said she didn't want any nasty stuff from my tank lol.

So as of right now I still am undecided, but Edgar I'm definitely staying under $100 because I want as much money as possible for when we move

Keep 'em coming everyone! This has been fun so far :lol:

AA I'm in need of your expertise on some toys for my tank!

My birthday passed on monday (I know, I'm a Pi baby! [Also share my birthday with witty ol' Einstein]) and as usual for some I got money.

Now my mother offered to get me a new iPhone (spoiled, I know), but instead opted for a gift of my choice. So I then asked for cash so I could order stuff myself (I was like "Hmm... iPhone or toys for my fish/tank? FISH DUH!!!"). So I then began looking into stuff I've wanted for quite a while.

I have about $100 to spend, and my list is as follows:

Hydor koralia nano 240gph: $30
Hydor Flo Deflector: ~$10
Two Little Fishies Nano Mag: ~$8

So my total right now before shipping and tax (This is all on amazon) is $48.30, so I have about $50 more.

I'm open to any and all ideas. So....

AA Team GO! :)

(I'm off to hang out with Jenatron's dad, so we'll be back later!)
The Hydor Flo Deflector is something I got thinking it was a good idea but I really should have saved my money. That is just IMO

Why is that? I've heard of people's falling off and the gears inside breaking. But that was from adding a new, stronger pump and not keeping it cleaned out (Respectively).

I'm really looking on some insight, I sure as heck don't want to waste my money

Back
Top Bottom