What to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine fell apart plain and simple. My friend had his for about a month in the tank before he got tired of it he said that it wasn't really giving much movement as he wanted.

Hmm.. valid points. I thought as well that with a koralia and my output that it would create more of a chaotic flow pointing towards each other instead of having one pointing one direction and another flowing random, if that makes sense.

I might be getting off cheaper than I originally expected! We'll see, I have to go to work in a little, and I gotta talk to Jen, so I'll check back later!

Thanks everyone!

Koralia is a nice broad flow compared to most powerheads, I consider the best buy for the money.

So as of right now I still am undecided, but Edgar I'm definitely staying under $100 because I want as much money as possible for when we move

Keep 'em coming everyone! This has been fun so far :lol:

Good thinking Corey, moving will create some unexpected expenses for you, so saving makes a lot of sense and good planing.
:yin:

Okay so now my list is differing quite a bit.

Right now I have 2 tabs open, one at petmountain.com and the other at Big Al's. I have a koralia 240, and Jen was thinking of switching to black sand for her tank, so we've looked into Estes at Big Al's, $3 for a 5lb bag!

So I have 2 bags of black and 3 of white (for myself since I'm gonna have to change out my sand when we move, thankfully. My sand is ugly)

Okay so now my list is differing quite a bit.

Right now I have 2 tabs open, one at petmountain.com and the other at Big Al's. I have a koralia 240, and Jen was thinking of switching to black sand for her tank, so we've looked into Estes at Big Al's, $3 for a 5lb bag!

So I have 2 bags of black and 3 of white (for myself since I'm gonna have to change out my sand when we move, thankfully. My sand is ugly)
Good, new gravel is always cool... How are you planing to move the tanks?

Lot's of buckets, LOL. Since my tank (will have been by that time) has been up for a year I'll need to ditch my sand. So I'm gonna take out all my regular LR and put it in a bucket, and then fill it with SW from my tank ( I know it doesn't have to be but it'll be easier). Then I'll have 2 more buckets of fresh SW, one for corals, and one just the water with my CUC. I'll bag my fish individually, and the tank will be empty. Then after anything else it'll be a nice 5 hour drive.

For her she'll probably drain enough just to leave the sand wet, put her LR in a bucket with SW, and have one bucket of fresh SW, I'm not sure.

So I think I've settled on what I most recently posted, it'll save me some money and is just what I need. I'll update later when/if I order

Frogspawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I'm probably gonna get sand and the koralia though. Rather have my dry goods down before I move

Back
Top Bottom