What To Get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So Im going to go to the LFS soon to buy a few Shrimsp for my 10gal and am looking at my 30g Tall which looks bare. In it is only:

1 Golden Gourami
6 Danios
4 Rummy Noses
3 Cories
1 Hatchet Ive had for years and isnt looking so hot an believe is getting ready to die.

How many more fish and what kind do you reccomend? I was thinking another Gourami but am worried that the one I have will hurt any other I may get since they will be alot smaller as the one I have is a few years old.

I had a gold gourami before and it was not very agressive at all. It got along quite well with my pearl gourami, but then they were about the same size so I am not sure if that might be a factor for you. But if you have a few hiding places (plants etc) it might give the newbie time to catch up since they grow pretty fast IME.

Also IME if you change things around (decor/rocks etc) at the same time as you add new fish it makes it all new for everyone and they have to re-establish their areas. It can help to break up the agression on the new guy and give them time to settle in. That might help in this case. I hav not personally tried it, but perhaps someone else can say whether this is helpful???

The pearl I had, got about the same size as the gold gourami, both were so beautiful! :) I eventually had to give them away to a large aquarium though when I moved. They were about 5-6 inches long!

Yeah I might try that, however I kinda want to have more smaller ones that will school and not nip or bother my gourami. My rummy noses all stay together and may get anoter coupl of them but they stay mostly towards the bottom and want a good mid fish (other then Neons).

My lemon tetras are really cool. They are bright yellow with a red mark above the eye and black outline on the fins. They school nicely and are very peaceful.

They are doing great with the angelfish I have and are the most active swimmers in my tank. I have had them for 2 months and I have not seen them chase anything, even when they were the largest fish in the tank. (They are adults while everything else were juvies) They are not nearly as active as your danios though. ;)

Their tank mates are angelfish, cories, cherry barbs, dwarf frogs, ghost shrimp and BN plecos.

I have found that having tall plants helps too since the angelfish can just hang out and "hide" or so they think...lol.

The lemons seem to stay around the middle section of the tank. (I should have said all this the first time but I got distracted.)

Back
Top Bottom