What to use for aquascaping???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi i wanted to reaquascape my 55 gallon tank and wanted to epoxy and use acrylic rods to keep my rock from moving. I was wondering would a hacksaw be good to cut through fiji rock to shape the rocks like i want them?? Also would and normal epoxy work with holding the rocks in place any tips on this would be great

They make aquarium safe epoxy, don't just buy hardware store epoxy. You can cut the rock, but I think natural shaped rocks look better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That will require a ton of epoxy:) I would be careful not to have your rock out of the water for too long! Die off can happen and create a cycle

Well this epoxy cures in water so as soon as i drill holes and put the rods in and the rocks in place it can go back in the tank. Do you think keeping the rocks damp will keep the die off from happening??

Ya I seen your comment on another post I think that will work!

Ya my rocks are quite precarious, can be a bit frustrating at times:)

I just looked at the epoxy i had at home says not to use in fish tanks so now ill have to find some thats tank safe

Back
Top Bottom