What type of cotton thread is fish safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kira696

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I really need to know, theres no straight answer, one person says this is safe then someone else says its not. :L

One person said i should use black but then I'm worried that the dies will leach.

For what? If your just tying stuff, use fishing ine

Someone told me that would hurt the rhizome and cut into it :( I have 0 experience so really don't know, also if fishing line is ok, what brand?? I did really want to use thread though no idea what type and what would be safe

Mine fell apart before it rooted. Or the snails chewed it off. Use fishing line and tie snug but not tight. And remove later when the plant has attached.

Mine fell apart before it rooted. Or the snails chewed it off. Use fishing line and tie snug but not tight. And remove later when the plant has attached.

What brand of fishing line? There's some that are probably toxic.

Another option with rhyzone plants is simply wedge them between two rocks, or a gap In the driftwood. The plants roots will eventually anchor to the structure and will look more natural. Unless you are particularly good at knot tying, the plant attachment will likely look unsightly. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom