what type of safe/paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DugOut

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am planning out a build of a log replica using 6" pvc with cut out treebark shaped pieces of thin 6" drain pvc puzzled and epoxy-glued on top. I would like to paint the base pipe a blackish/gray and the glued on surface pieces a mixture of grays & browns. I plan on taking a close up picture of a trees surface before I finalize the color scheme.

The part I am wondering is:
:?: What type of paints are aquarium safe?
:?: What colors may be available if?
:?: Where would one find such a paint if available?

Try www.sanitred.com

I know that they offer what is called a "Mini Sample Pack” for $24.95 I don’t know if that’s too pricy for this project, but I do know that it will work and last forever. Their coatings are a type of polyurethane and cure tough as a truck tire. They are fish safe. The coating that you want is called PermaFlex. PermaFlex comes in light tan, light grey, and black.

The Mini Sample Pack (if specified) can come with a ½ pint can of the 3 colors. You would have to mix the colors to make different shades if you wanted. With this product you can actually coat and adhere real bark to the PVC. It’s that waterproof; the only problem with doing that would be that the thing would surely float.

Thank you! :D

I started to think there was no such paint due to not getting an answer for so long.

I appreciate the link :)

Back
Top Bottom