What Vegetables to Feed to My Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I have a platy and some panda corydoras. I feed them pellets most of the time, sometimes a blanched pea, and some frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. However, I know platies like to have some plant material as they are omnivores. I believe cories will eat it, but it's not really meant for them.
I tried blanched peas with garlic and my platy loved them, the other day I blanched a cucumber, and no one touched it, except for a curious cory who quickly became uninterested.
What other vegetables can I give them? I know zucchini, spinach, and lettuce (as long as it isn't romaine), peas, and cucumber... but what about other kinds, like carrots, cabbage, squash, corn, broccoli, or brocollini?
I would appreciate the help, I've been researching as much as I can but not finding much; plus, given all the misinformation that floats around on other sites, I wanted to consult a trusted source.

Okay, thank you so much! I think I'll try some carrots. I assume all of those were blanched? Or were the fruits raw?

I feed peppers, spinache, cucumber, zucchini, and sweet potatoesOh, and broccoli
I have heard of people feeding Brussels sprouts on my other forum...red grapes, seeds out...cantaloupe, banana and strawberry

My favourite feeding method is to make "fish kabobs" on stainless steel chopsticks, so that it all stays in one place

I don't personally blanch, unless it's peas, or roughage but I know some people who blanch a few days worth of veggies and keep it in the fridge
I have

Thanks everyone! I'll have to try that, I always have vegetables and fruits in the fridge so I think this'll work out great.

Back
Top Bottom