What was your first ever cichlid?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just don't keep your water too cool. They like it pretty hot.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Trust me, I wont..my tanks are in the garage. ...gets pretty warm in there. No need for a heater.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A frontosa with a Cory two clown loaches and a worryingly large plecostomus

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As a kid we had some neon tetras and guppies and an algae eater. The guppies just hybridized everything and the algae eater lived like 10 years.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My first cichlids were three red zebras and one yellow lab, which I got from this guy who didn't want his fish anymore, in a ten gallon. I upgraded to a 55 and added a german red, sulphur head, and a pleco about two months ago and now I just ordered a OB peacock, Azureous, Apache, and a Lethrinops Intermedius last week and they arrive tomorrow. Freakin excited to get these guys in my tank!

My first cichlid was Mikrogeophagus altispinosa(Bolivian Ram). I had a group of them in a 75g community tank and they were awesome to watch.

Since then I have kept at least 50 different species of cichlids but I still want to get another group of these guys someday.

My first cichlid was Mikrogeophagus altispinosa(Bolivian Ram). I had a group of them in a 75g community tank and they were awesome to watch.

Since then I have kept at least 50 different species of cichlids but I still want to get another group of these guys someday.

It would be cool to see a bolivian tope tank with black phantom tetras, bronze cories, an ancistrus sp and bolivian rams. Hmm I may have a future project lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah that would be cool. For all the Ram's and Apisto's I have and have had, that's one of the few I've never kept. Great little fish though.

Convicts! They bred like rabbits and I ended up filling all the local stores with fry for months

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just acquired a tank and kept the fish. So first Ciclids were 3 Bumble bees, red zebra and yellow lab.

Back
Top Bottom