What you do with extra fish food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarkUmbreon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Extra fish food as in, fish food that you just don't need. For example if I get 7 pounds of NLS pellets, I really wouldn't need anymore Hikari Gold pellets anymore. So what do you do? Do you chuck the food in your lawn? Do you just store it elsewhere? Do you just throw it in the garbage? Do you throw it in the compost and let it smell? :whistle:

I keep mine just in case I mean you never know, might wanna keep it just as a back up ;)

I have a surplus too, I don't know what I'll do with it, it's all stuff that I wouldn't feed my fish.. Maybe I'll dump it down the toilet to feed all the sewer oscars, bettas, and alligators!

Keep switching it off with the new food every other day until it runs out.

It makes a great plant food in the flower bed. LOTS of nutrients. OS.
so if I ditch my cichlid pellets in my gf plants they'll grow like crazy and she won't refer to herself as a brown thumbed plant murderer?!

so if I ditch my cichlid pellets in my gf plants they'll grow like crazy and she won't refer to herself as a brown thumbed plant murderer?!

As a plant fanatic, she will probably still be a brown thumbed plant murderer. Most plant stuff is more over/under watering or light issues ;) But they might make an ok into a great plant! :)

As a plant fanatic, she will probably still be a brown thumbed plant murderer. Most plant stuff is more over/under watering or light issues ;) But they might make an ok into a great plant! :)
I'm going to try it! She has a sad plant next to my. 20 in the kitchen, I've been dumping tank water in at wc's :shhh: it's my little experiment:)

I'm going to try it! She has a sad plant next to my. 20 in the kitchen, I've been dumping tank water in at wc's :shhh: it's my little experiment:)

Haha that's the only fert I give my orchids :) Good ol' dirty tank water! Almost killed on over-watering it though :eek:

Hehe. I've got a bunch of strawberry seedlings and the beginnings of a nice herb & salad garden that was raised on recycled water from WC. All growing in windowsill planter boxes right now.

I like to use all my fish food so if the fish don't like it i try soaking in garlic juice and it becomes palatable to more fish. I also use some in a snail grow out tank i have. Not a lot of my food stock right now will go to waste.

Back
Top Bottom